Public “Women in Science” Slam
Venue: TU Berlin
Moderator: Dr Marcela Uliano da Silva
Enjoy fascinating science in short exciting and vivid presentations by young female scientists who talk about their research.
The speakers offer non-specialist listeners insights into their latest research and try to infect the audience with their own enthusiasm for their project. It doesn’t matter whether it is a standard presentation or a live experiment – as long as it is entertaining.
The focus is not on the scientific value but more on the way of presenting it. The aim is to reach the hearts and minds of the audience who is also the jury who selects the winner of the evening.
- “Doctors and mathematicians are joining forces: a happy ending for all of us?” (Mathematics)
Linda Krause, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Health, Munich
- “A gemstone in the heart of stone” (Microbiology)
Aysha Kamran, Institute of Microbiology and Genetics, Georg-August-University Göttingen
- “The mysteries of the Solar System” (Physics)
Alice Chau, University of Zurich
- “Brainiac: The Addicted Brain” (Neuroscience)
Catarina Luis, University of Heidelberg
- “Make Humanities Great Again: 5 Main Trends” (Digital Humanities)
Antonina Puchovskaia, ITMO University, St. Petersburg
- “FBI: Flavonoid Bread Inspector” (Food Science)
Rebecca Klopsch, IGZ, Großbeeren